Friday, September 26, 2008

What are you doing to conserve ?

If you live in the Carolinas you know how bad things are right now with the gas crisis! Yes , it is a crisis,people waiting in lines for 5-6 hrs for gas, fights breaking out, guns being pulled, over gas! In our town we have about 20% of the stations with gas but they have limits. If you drive a gas guzzler like I do then $50 doesn't even get you 1/2 a tank.My Yukan XL has been running to the schools 4 times a day. The Elementary is only a couple of miles from here , but the Middle School is 10 minutes away. So each trip consist of about 30 minutes. 10 there, 10 in line, and 10 back. So here is a way I have started to conserve on my gas. Jordan started riding the bus home from school today. His first time ever riding the bus. (except for field trips) He is not Happy! His reply was. " that was gay"! Yes, I have a spoiled child. But that is 30 minutes X 5 days a week savings in gas. (Plus I don't have to wake the girls up from nap. ) We are suppose to be getting relief soon. I hope that means prices too! Here is a never seen before sight at the Shrum household... Yes .....I did take pictures of my 7th grader riding the bus home for the first time! It was a proud mama moment.



No comments: