Monday, August 25, 2008

Prayers are needed for my mom again! UPDATE!!

Her chest opened back up a few weeks ago and started oozing from where she had her by-pass. She went to the surgeon and he dicovered there were wires sticking up causing all this to happen. Tomorrow they will go back in and rewire her chest bones again. Please pray they get it right this time and that all goes well so she can get to feeling better soon!

UPDATE! 8/26/08
Mom my had her surgery today and they removed 3 wires including the wire that was sticking up and causing all the problems in her chest. The Dr. said her body rejected the wire. She is out of recovery and in a room. She still has not felt like talking but so far all is going to plan. I will keep you posted as I hear anything. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING for her!

8/27/08
I talked to my mom today and she told me the surgeon kept her incision open so that they can put a vaccum in to pump out all the drainage. That want it to heal inside out. She will have to stay in the hospital and wear this until Fri. or next Tues. It all depends on her progress. Please keep praying for her and for her medical bills, she does not have any health insurance. Pray that God will give her a miracle and help my parents out with paying for all of this!


8/30/08
My mom was not released yesterday, it is looking like maybe it will be Tuesday the day after Labor Day. She is not happy about it either! She is bored and wants to go home. Plus the bills keep racking up. But I think it is the best place for her and she needs to heal and get better!
Keep praying for her! Thank you!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

The pump thing is pretty common right? Both Dmitry and my step dad had drainage pumps after their open heart surgery they told us it helped reduce infection so that would be good. I will pray about the bills. I can imagine it is only adding stress to your parents and the rest of the family.

God never fails.

I am glad your mom is doing better!

Hannah

The Hardy Family said...

Wow, just read all of this! I hope she is doing better and recovering! Praying....
Lea