Thursday, September 10, 2009

This and That


We are just standing around waiting ..... seeing what the Lord has in store for us. Well .... at least that is what is feels like anyway.
Actually Lilee was mesmerized by watching the City people come and pick up our tree limbs (with a big robot arm); that Karlton , the boys, and I cut down all weekend long. We have been catching up on a lot of projects lately. You know the kind that does not cost ... or at least not a lot.
That will be what my next post is about. Projects.


Jordan and I are still running...... I am still running 11 miles a week. I am going to try my best to make it to 12 miles this week. I have been trying for 2 weeks now and 1 wk. I got sick, and last wk. Jordan had a Cross Country meet. I am back to being sick this week , so hopefully I will make it. I have finally made it to my first weight goal , after more then 3 mo. of running I have lost 3 lbs. Its a slow process! I am still not the weight I was before we started adopting 3 1/2 yrs. ago. My Women's Bible Study group started back last night. Which I am sooo happy about! I need it so much to make it through my week. This is were I get recharged for the week! I really missed and needed it this summer!
Jordan on the other hand is running over 20 miles a wk. Last week alone he had 3 practices, 3 meets , and then had to work a football game. Poor kid... I think it is a bit much myself. I think anything over 4 days a wk. for an 8th grader is too much.
In the picture above Jordan is running to the finish line. He is the blur between the 2nd and the 3rd vehicle ( I did not have my camera set to action). The man in the blue shirt was taking pictures, was from the newspaper. Jordan came in 14th out of about 40 kids this day. The picture below Jordan is having a little rest, and snack.



Karlton meet with a lawyer last week and he said their is nothing for us to do but go Bankrupt. He has his 2nd meeting tomorrow, the meeting was bumped up a couple of weeks. So PLEASE keep praying for us about that! I really was hoping the Lord was going to send us a buyer for the land, but that has not happened. We have had some work come in this week! PRAISE THE LORD! Karlton has a big job that we are really praying that he gets! It will keep him busy for several weeks. We just keep praying and asking for the Lords direction!
Sara Ava pulled another tooth last week, by herself. So the tooth fairy made 2 trips to see her in one week. She LOVES Kindergarten , her teacher, and even her homework. Lilee and I have started doing a little pre-school work. She loves it too! Joel is making A+'s in school, and Josiah is enjoying being in Middle School and going to the youth group at Church. Last night they had a shaving cream fight, which he thought was sooo cool! I think I caught you up on most of everything for now!
We can feel your prayers! Which we are very greatful for.... Please keep them coming!
Blessings

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

Sending so many prayers your way that things will work out. So hoping he will get this big job.

jodi said...

Love ya girl!!!! still praying for all of you!