Sunday, May 15, 2011

My First 10K

I ran my first 10K yesterday.... Run! Ballantyne. There were over 900 participants. I have been training so long to do this I can not believe it is over with already. All these pictures are courtesy of Josiah, my 13 yr. old son. Some of them are truly not flattering at all. I am not a pretty runner, just wanted to warn you. lol....


                                                                  A Pre-Race Picture!


These 2 pictures are at mile 4. This was the first time my family saw me running. At the start of the race there were so many they could not find me.




These next 2 pictures were at 5.8 miles. I thought I was at the 6 mile mark and started to gun it a bit to early because I got sick and almost through up, and then had to lay off my pace until the very end....





Someone directing me where to go.... Apparently she thought I had no idea. lol.....




Finally nearing the finish line. I have never been so glad to see it in all 5 of my races!!!



This girl though she was going to pass me....




I didn't think so........



I took her in the end. ;0)




All finished and still standing....barely! Notice Karlton was not getting to close to me because I was very sweaty, stinky, and had no make up on. I would not want to stand by me either! The kids would not get near me and kept telling me how stinky I was. Nice huh!



Still waiting on my official time... I know my time was not great because this was the most hills I have ever done and there were so many people!!! For the first .3 mile it was bottle necked and I could not even run to set a pace. ugh..... The 5K and 10K ran together for the first 3 miles. But I kind of knew that would happen! I also had to run with my arm over my head for a long time trying to get air in my right lung. My asthma started acting up on me at mile 2. But I survived and finished the race with out walking one time. That was the most important things to me!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

Girl, I am UBER-impressed! You did a great job! I know your family is proud of you! Now relax this week!!

Mary Ann said...

Thanks Melanie! That is si sweet of you!

Mary Ann said...

that was suppose to say so ;0)

Mom & Dad said...

God going girl. We are so proud of you!
Love ya bunches, Mom & Dad

Jenny said...

I am just so proud of you!!! You look so cute running too;) When are you going to do a half???? Let me know!!

Mary Ann said...

Thanks Jenny! I hope to do a half a marathon next year. I am inching my way up there. I want to do a 12K first, maybe in the fall.