Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Neat Sweaters I found....

At out mall for the girls. I saw a little girl that is from Guatemala wearing one of these on her blog and really wanted one for the girls. Her mom said she has never seen any since she bought this one. I even had Yvonne our facilitator/friend who got Lilee home to us look for them right before Christmas. She said they only sell/make those in the Highlands where all the Mayan villages are. We were there in July at Lake Atitlan and went to Santiago , a mayan village and I did not see them. Anyway.......... the girls and I were at the mall Sat. and I walked by a new little stand in the center of the mall and spotted what looked like the very style of sweater I wanted for the girls. A little Inca Indian from Ecador was selling them and she said these were made by the Inca Indians in the Highlands. So I bought each girl one and Sara Ava bought a Poncho with the money Nana sent her for her B/D. The lady gave Sara Ava a deal on hers. She did not get charged tax. I paid at least double for these as I would have in Guatemala , but hey its cheaper then a plane ticket to go back and find them myself. Hee Hee! I think we really made that lady's day too. You could tell she had not sold alot that day and she made $85 from us that day.


Sara Ava picked this one out her self.





I think they are so cute and the hoods crack me up! And think they will be something neat to keep for the girls to give their children one day.
















Nana the poncho is the one Sara Ava bought with her B/D Money.





No comments: