Saturday, June 19, 2010

Grand Cayman Island

The 3rd day of our cruise we arrived at the Grand Cayman Island.... This was the view from our balcony upon arriving ...



We had to catch a boat to get to the island.....



Leaving the ship............


arriving at the port...............


We saw this pretty little beach on our way to the main land and decided to take a little walk to get there.




It was definitely worth a walk through the little city to get there.




This entire beach was covered in coral. It made it very hard to walk without shoes!






This is all coral in the water.....





Karlton and Josiah waded out and found a nice size rock or probably coral to stand on.









Karlton tool this shot of Josiah and I from the water.










Josiah and I decided to continue up the beach to explore a little.........







We found a ship wreck sticking out of the water....

























See the little blue fish in this small pool of crystal clear water? There were a couple of these fish in this pool but this is the only picture I caught one of them in.








These cute little cottages were all along our walk to and from the beach.
















Heading back to the town ...............













so that we could catch our submarine. You can see it one the furthest left side of the picture.













Our view from the inside of the sub.... Yes, I know I look crazy all covered up but in the 105 degree weather but I had to walk around like this to keep the sun off my really bad sun burn that I had gotten on the ship the day before. I was in so much pain that I did not want to make it worse. So, I stayed covered up as much as possible. Believe Karlton was laughing at me saying if I could only see myself!










We got to see 3 ship wrecks on our little sub tour......













and lots of fish! This looks like an aquarium doesn't it! It was so crystal clear that you could see all the way to the very bottom. I know that it is hard to see in some of the pictures.






















We even saw a scuba diver.... He came up to see us in the windows.... He bought the fish over to us by luring them with food.
























Another ship wreck.......













Then we headed back to the ship for some lunch and then back out again and found another beach to snorkel at. I even went snorkeling here.... this was Josiah and my first time snorkeling. He loved it! I kept inhaling water, so I ditched my mouth piece and just held my breath to view all the underwater wild life!































We had to be back by 4 on the boat. So we came back and cleaned up to go to dinner.












The ceiling on our boat.....

















All cleaned up and ready for dinner.....










but first some pictures of course!


















The view from our table that we ate at every evening.....




















This is the little fellow we found on our bed that night.













































No comments: