Tuesday, September 14, 2010

UPDATE On Roxana's Family

I just sent the Family $100 for food for (what I thought was for ) a month, but it is $150. So I am $50 short. Here is an email I just received explaining what is needed most. If you want to help let me know. See Below for what I hope to raise to help this family and the prices of each item.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mary Ann,


Thank you so much for wanting to help them.

Roxana and her family need so much but their greatest need right now is food.

Then it would be clothing for Roxana, she wears traditional clothing and she really doesn't have much to wear and what she does is not in very good shape.

They also need another bed for three more people to sleep in. It would greatly improve their health to get off the floor.

It is very difficult for the father to work catching fish in the lake as the lake has been polluted by cynobacteria and nobody is eating the fish that is caught there.

Thank you so much for wanting to help them, it will make a huge difference to their lives.

If you would like to send the money through paypal you can go to our website.Here is the connection.http://www.mayanfamilies.org/DonateNow or you can send a check to

Mayan Families.

P.o. Box 52,

Claremont NC 28610



Once again, thank you, this family will be so appreciative.

Warmest regards,

Sharon

----------------------------------------------

I looked up on the Mayan Family Website for these prices but here is what I hope to raise enough money for.

~ Another $50 for Food
~ $170 for a bed that 3 people will sleep in.
~ $100 for traditional  Mayan Clothing for Roxana
~ $50 for a water filter since their water comes from the lake.
_________________________________

So that is a total of  $370.00 .


We have given all that we can other then my 20% off of hat sales and the 100% sales that come off of my Halloween Fairy Tutu Set Costume, that I hope to sell. Please say a prayer that I have good business in the next week or so.

If you know of a way to help me raise this money please let me know or if you would like to donate to Roxana and her family e-mail me and I will let you know how. karlton5@juno.com

No comments: