Monday, October 27, 2008

NEW Raffle Questions (Update)

I love the Wii idea too that a couple of you suggested. But here is were I need your help answering questions!! I would have to clear $300 for buying it, taxes, plus Shipping. Unless I did a gift card.

So here are my questions for you :
1. Do you think I would clear my money back?
2. Should I give a gift certificate or send the actual Wii Via Fed Ex?
3. How long should the Raffle be (Date wise)?
4. Would you be interested in helping me advertise? I would need all the help I could get!

Please answer these questions so I can get a good idea if I should do it or not. If I did I want to do it really soon.

THANK YOU!!!

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

I do think you would most defintely clear your money back! Like I said at $1 a piece or 6 for $5 my friend cleared her money back and then some on the first day! It's important for you to get the word out and ask friends to help you sell the tickets! I'm not sure how you would do it online unless maybe you can transfer their name and info to a ticket for the drawing??? Hope this helps

Anonymous said...

I think you would clear your money back, and if the person that wins lives farther than pick up range from you, you could do a gift card, that way you don't have to worry about shipping costs, or damage during shipping

Anonymous said...

Yes, I think that you would get your money back especially if the kids did some raffling too! I bet Jordan could get some takers. I would probably do $1 for 1 ticket, $3 for 5 tickets, etc. That way people feel like they have better chances. I would probably have the drawing a little before Thanksgiving. I would be glad to help you advertise via email or flyer! ps - I am sure we would participate.

Carla said...

The Wii isn't a bad idea Mary Ann. I just bought one (I bought it for me mainly, for the excercise,) and we all love it. It is so much fun. Talk about quality family time. (I wish my hubby would let me raffle off the XBOX and games that we have. He plays it maybe 3X a year.) You could always give the winner a choice of the cash or a gift card to the store that has a Wii available. You could also just give a gift card to the place of the raffle-winner's choice.