Saturday, October 11, 2008

Yard Sale Update....

Another Update! 10/21/08
A man returned an item to me yesterday that he had bought for $20. Grrr! So now we are down to $451.69. Please keep praying until this credit card is paid off!!!

Update!!! 10/16/08
We had another donation given to us anonymously last night at church for $50. THANK YOU LORD!!!
Well after a battle with the on and off rain we still had our Yard Sale today! Praise the Lord!!
I want to thank everyone who prayed and held the rain off enough for us to have it! We set up some stuff last night and covered it but it still got a little wet. We had a few people to donate items to our sale, and a few donations were made, thank you all very much. I also want to Thank my mom for coming all the way here to help me. I wouldn't have made it by myself today!

Our Grand total for today was $421.69 New Grand total: $471.69
So we still have $3,528.31 to get that pesty adoption credit card paid off! Which is better then $4,000, Thank You Lord! People Please do not stop praying! I am still trusting and praying that the Lord will provide a miracle for us to have this credit card paid off before Christmas! (Psalms 37:4-7) " Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteous shine like the dawn, the just of the cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him."

We took a trailer load full that did not sale to Christian Services. I said a prayer over everything that was took that it would go to people who really were in need and could use it, and that the Lord would bless them.

Thank You All and We Love You All!


*The $4,000 is only a small percentage of what we still owe on our adoptions. This is what we had left on the credit card, and I feel the need to pray for it to be paid off. The other $52,000
(is what we have left) was on our home equitiy loan that was consolidated into our mortgage so we will be paying for it for the next 29 years . I hope I explained all of this ok.

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

You can't leave us hanging here:) LOL!!! How did it go??

Daphne said...

Good job with your yard sale. Just take it one step at a time...
I'm glad I found your blog. This is dspakowsky from a.com

Judi and Elaina said...

Congrats on your yard sale!!! Every little bit helps!! Keeping you in my prayers!!

Michelle Smiles said...

Glad you had a good yard sale! They are so much work!

Laura P said...

Hey Marianne,
We brought our children home a year ago in July and I can relate to the expenses of two adoptions! One thing that was a HUGE blessing and fundraiser for our adoption costs was a Christmas wreath fundraiser. I think that we raised almost 3,000. If you want more details let me know and I would be happy to give some more information. Blessings,
Laura
You can get me at lauraepowell@gmail.com

Live to love and laugh said...

Congratulations! What a great total. I am glad you werer able to do so well.
Keep believing God for the rest. I will pray that way too.

The Hardy Family said...

Yay! I'm so glad it was a success and you are getting closer to your goal! Keep the faith!