Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Prayer Request!

(Sara Ava home 2 years and Lilee home 1 year)


As most of you know we still have a huge left over amount from our adoptions ( and it was definately worth it !) But I am making it my mission to pray off the small amount on our (adoption) credit card. It is only $4000, but it needs to be paid off. I am asking everyone to please join in with us to pray that the Lord will provide all the money needed to pay this adoption credit card off before Christmas. That is not a long time away and to me that seems like a unlikely and over whelming task. But with God all things are possible!!! Right!!! To Him that is a small amount. To me it is a huge pest and worry.

Will you please join in with us and commit to praying with us until this is paid off??

I am planning on having a yard sale on Sat. if it does not rain again, and yes they are calling for rain! This is my second time trying to have it. Please pray that it does well and that it does not rain! This is my last attempt to try and raise money for our adoptions.

If you have any ideas to how to have a successful yard sale please let me know. I am open to any suggestions.

Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God . And the peace of God that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your mind in Christ Jesus."
I am borrowing this from a friends blog, because it really hits home! (but have put it in my own words.) We know that it says in the bible that God does not like debt and that debt is a curse and it is. But the bible also says Children are a reward from the Lord, and they are! And countless times to take care of the orphans! Which we try to do! That is why we have to get rid of this debt.

PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE SO THAT I KNOW YOU STOPPED BY AND READ THIS POST AND ARE PRAYING WITH US!!! Thank YOU!

10 comments:

Judi and Elaina said...

Mary Ann-Have your garage sale even if it rains. We made over $200 when it rained on our sale. And advertise your sale it really helps. We had a sale 2 weeks ago and it was the worst sale ever. The weather wa beautiful but there were so many outdoor activities goin on in town. Good luck and I will be praying for you!! SaraAva and Lilee are just so beautiful!!!

Judi

Vanessa said...

I'm joining in with you in prayer that the Lord will provide for you as He always does!! He can do incredible things!!

Thanks for posting this verse because it has hit home for me as I sat here wondering what in the world I was going to do to pay for the party expenses for Project Santa while also making up the difference in toys I don't receive! I want this to be a special event for the children of Guatemala and your post reminded me to just trust in the Lord and He will provide!!! Thanks and good luck on your yard sale!

The Hardy Family said...

Praying for you!!!!

Hannah said...

I will pray for you guys. I don't know you in real life but I just have such a deep respect for your sweet family. We will keep praying with you and please pray for the same for us. I would sleep so much better if I could get out of some of this adoption debt.

Hannah

Anonymous said...

We're praying for great weather for your sale, Saturday! Put signs everywhere. The bargain hunters are everywhere.
Let the kids set up a table for a drink/snack sale with a big sign. They'll have fun and people can't resist those sweet faces.
We're also praying for ABC to notice and accept your Extreme Makeover application. They help so many people and you deserve it!
Love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying Mary Ann! We're wanting to have a garage sale this Saturday too for similar reasons! Seems like everything under the sun has come up to try to prevent it. I am determinted. If I don't get it sold in a garage sale on Sat, it's going on ebay! Rain won't bother me there! ;)

Anonymous said...

I prayed for each of you today,
and also praying for the rain to
hurry up and be done by Friday,so you can get set up for your sale Saturday. God bless ya'll real good! Love ya lots!

Dano and Melinda said...

Praying for a good sale and for ALL the debt to be gone... especially the card! =0)

Love you, Melinda =0)

Live to love and laugh said...

Mary Ann,
I am praying tomorrow will be a HUGE garage sale day for you.
Cindi

Craig and Becky said...

How did the sale go? We will pray you will be able to take care of the 4000.

I love seeing the pics of your family - they are all adorable.