Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One year ago today.... (part 3)

Day 3 ... Was Lilee's Embassy Day. We had to get up bright and early to make it from Antigua to Guatemala City for our apt. It was so early I did not sleep all night for fear of not waking up in time. On our way back from the apt. we drove up a mountain to were the cross over looks Antigua. I had always wanted to go there but they said it was to dangerous. So I hired our driver to take us to the cross and he even walked us down to the cross for safety and took pictures of Josiah and I together. Lilee was a sleep in the van with our facilitator. There were a few police up there to gaurd also. I am so glad we went. It was breath taking!


Josiah waiting for that cloud to move so he can see Volcano Agua.






This was the first chance I had to take pictures of Lilee in her Embassy apt outfit. We were all way to tired to take pictures before we left at 5 am.


"What mom you said we are almost ready to go home, well lets go then."




This was one tired baby!





There's a little smile....






Lilee loves flowers and loves to smell them.







" YAY!! We are all done with the Embassy and now we only need to pick up my visa tomorrow."









That evening after a good rest we shopping at the market and then went to celebrate at Santo Damingo for dinner and walk around to look at their museum and ruins.







A view of volcano Fuego, it is a live volcano that erupts a few times a day.
























A peak of the twin volcano Acatenageo.

























My happy boy getting ready to eat dinner. The next day he celebrated his 10th Birthday.













2 comments:

ModernMommy said...

Beautiful pictures. We also went to the cross on the hill and are glad we did. Eva's gotcha day is coming up as well and I am already getting so emotional!

Michelle Smiles said...

Congrats on the wonderful anniversary. I've been missing Antigua a lot lately.