Monday, May 11, 2009

How I Spent My Mothers Day!



I sort of had more of a Mothers Day weekend. Friday Karlton and I took Lilee to see Ghosts of Girls Friends Past. ( We didn't have a babysitter so we took her with us, since she does sooo good in a movie.) I recommend going to see it! It is really cute and funny! Then Sat. we all went Shopping for the day (mainly for Jordan's B/D coming up) and then we went to eat at my FAVORITE Place to eat! Romano's Macaroni Grill... I had the Mushroom Ravioli and it was delicious, and of course their scrumptious chocolate cake! All I can say is Yummmmy! Yesterday I was taken to lunch and then basically came home and chilled! I worked in my garden a little bit with my flowers. Look at (the picture above) the Peonies I picked out of my garden yesterday. This is only 4 flowers, and they are huge! They have opened up even more since I cute them and put them in a vase. Then I came in and took a nap.... which was really nice!





Joel came home Friday with a flower pen that he made me! It is sooo beautiful!! Aren't gifts that your children make the very best gifts!!!! Then Sat. morning he had my breakfast waiting for me that he had fixed with a little note. Sunday I woke up to a card that Joel had made me with cards from the other kids and Karlton. Karlton and the boys are building me a Arbor to grow roses on as my gift. I will be sharing photo's of it as soon as it is done.





So that was basically how I spent my Mothers Day. Now you can share yours too, by leaving a comment! I read all the great comments that were left already! Kristy I am sorry you are sick! That is no fun! But to the other commentors, sounds like you all had a wonderful Mothers Day!

6 comments:

Mama Bear said...

What fun. I love those type of weekend. So glad you had a relaxing time and we celebrated with our kiddo's and favorite gifts were handprints of my little ones! Was wondering how that movie was! You are an awesome mommy :-)

Jenny said...

What a great mothers day! Gifts from the kids are most definitely the BEST!!

Live to love and laugh said...

What a great way to spend the day!
Homemade gifts are by far the best and the ones I cherish the most.
I spent the day resting and eating! Who could ask for more??

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a perfect Mother's Day! Love the flowers, especially the one your son made!

Hannah said...

We spent the day splitting out time between his mom and my mom. It was a pretty good day. I am glad you enjoyed your day :)

Mary Ann said...

Sounds like everyone had a great Mothers Day! Thanks for sharing with me!