Sunday, July 26, 2009

Running.......

I have had a few of you ask if I am still running and I am. I have been running for over 2 1/2 mo. now. I am up to 9 miles a week right now. I only run 1.5 miles a day, 6 days a week. I find that if I take more then a day off a week it is so hard to get back in the swing of things. Weight wise I am at a stand still. I have 2 more lbs to go to be were I wanted to be, but the thing is my body has really changed shape everywhere which is good! All my close fit me so much better esp. my bottoms, most of them are really baggy now! I have lost inches but gained muscle , but not lost a lot of weight. Makes you say Hmmmm! Next up on the agenda 10 miles a week. My doctor told me that all I needed to run was 9 miles a week . 3 miles days a week. But I like my easier way better! I am still lift weights too! I do that everyday and have been since Christmas. The only bad thing about running is it does nothing for your arms.

Now I just have to buy new running shoes!!!!!!!! 1/2 my sole fell off my Nike! I think it was time for new ones anyway ,I bought them while I was pregnant with Joel so they are about 8 1/2 years old. Oldy but goody, but ol so comfy! I just don't like to break in new shoes so if any of you runners have any suggestions please let me know what running shoe is the best!

1 comment:

Mama Bear said...

Congrat...way to go on the running.