Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sara Ava Donated Her Hair

Sara Ava has been growing her hair out since I donated my hair last August. She had to have 8 inches to donate. We know some very special children adopted from Guatemala that have leukemia so Sara Ava wanted to give a child that needed black hair, her hair. She has been ready for months to get it cut and today was finally the day.
The before pictures....... You can see how long it had gotten.



Karen cutting Sara Ava's hair.....

She was so proud of her ponytail!




She loves her new hair cut! She tells everyone that now she looks like Mommy!



When we got home Lilee said Sara looks like Dora. I want to look like Dora too. So I took her in the bathroom and cut her hair myself. I have to get 3 kids hair cut this week , I can't afford 4.




So here is Lilee's hair cut. Tomorrow I will cut her bangs. She was so excited about her hair cut that she was too wiggly, I gave up on the bangs.





Lilee only had 4 inches to cut off so she did not have enough to donate. Her hair is sooo fine that there was hardly any hair compared to Sara Ava's.






Sara Ava was so excited for their daddy to get home to show him their hair. She said "Daddy is going to tell us we look so beautiful now. " I had to clue him in to make sure he did!
So what do you all think????





8 comments:

The SC Denneys said...

Beautiful girls.. you did a good job cutting hair. Maybe that should be a career, LOL.

The Burleys said...

They are so cute! And I think it's precious they couldn't wait for their daddy to say they looked beautiful! Little girls and their daddies ... gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome thing to do!!! I LOVE their new hair cuts!

jodi said...

so cute! both cuts look great!!! how sweet is sara ava that she thinks of others like that?!? what precious kiddos you have.

Judi and Elaina said...

Mary Ann-your girls are just so sweet and I love their new hairstyles!!! They are so precious!!!

Vanessa said...

I LOVE their new cuts!!! Donating hair is an awesome thing! The year after my grandfather died of cancer I donated 26" of hair SERIOUSLY!! I also donated it again last year when I cut 18" off! Now I can't seem to let it grow out!

Nana said...

Girls, you look absolutely gorgeous.
Sara, I'm so proud of you for donating your hair and thinking about
other people. Maybe other people will
learn from you about doing good deeds.
Lilee, you look so cute in your picture with your "new do". I love it!
Love ya'll bunches,
Nana

Mama Bear said...

What a wonderful and special little girl. I think your hair cutting skills are awesome (you should see mine) LOL
LOVE the new hair cut. Happy 4th